Solved Can't load driver file apr_dbd_pgsql.so after running pkg update

Hi, just ran pkg update and after completion, could not restart apache24. Looking in /usr/ports/databases don't currently see any apr*.
Tried make search key=apr and nothing found.

Also noticed postgresql is screwed up now
Code:
$ psql
Shared object "libpq.so.5" not found, required by "psql"

# psql -version
Shared object "libpq.so.5" not found, required by "psql"
The history of pkg update also shows:
Code:
Nov 13 14:10:26 w3 pkg: postgresql93-client-9.3.24 installed

Nov 13 14:10:30 w3 pkg: postgresql93-client-9.3.24 deinstalled
Tried to update (freebsd-update) and it fails:
Code:
# freebsd-update -r 11.2-RELEASE upgrade
src component not installed, skipped
Looking up update6.FreeBSD.org mirrors... none found.
Fetching metadata signature for 10.4-RELEASE from update6.FreeBSD.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.
Found that very strange....
Code:
# ping update6.FreeBSD.org
ping: cannot resolve update6.FreeBSD.org: Unknown host

# ping update5.FreeBSD.org
PING update5.freebsd.org (163.237.247.16): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 163.237.247.16: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=13.742 ms
EDIT:
changed update6 to update5 in /etc/freebsd-update.conf
Updating this server to 11.2 now.

Any help to fix all this is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi, just ran pkg update and after completion, could not restart apache24. Looking in /usr/ports/databases don't currently see any apr*.
Tried make search key=apr and nothing found.
pkg update only updates the package database, but does not touch your system. I assume you meant to say upgrade?

Alas, this could be caused by 2 things... Mixing ports with packages is not a good idea, so combining pkg install with make install clean. I suspect as much because you're talking about pkg update yet also make search, those are not really compatible.

Use pkg search if you're using packages, otherwise don't even bother running pkg update instead focus on the ports collection using portsnap fetch update.

Second problem would be running an outdated version of FreeBSD.

The default PostgreSQL server is 9.5, you probably mixed things up and didn't realize it's 9.5 instead of 9.3. PostgreSQL 9.3 has been deprecated and will be completely removed in January 2019. So I suggest you migrate your databases now.

Hi SirDice, when running either pkg-static upgrade -f or portmaster, Postgresql was actually uninstalled. For some reason though, posgresql was still running so it gave the impression it was fully working because I would use psql db-name and I could see the db. But the web page could not access anything because of it being deinstalled. Perhaps deinstalled along with the code that does the connection to the postgres db (pg_connect).

I still have a problem with
Code:
ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/plpgsql"

See ports/databases/plpgsql_check but I think that is for postgresql95. Our database won't work on 95 or at least that is what was displayed after installing postgresql95 and starting postgres.

As I said, the default version is 9.5. So everything that depends on PostgreSQL (libraries, clients, etc) will be linked to 9.5.

You could set the default to 9.3 but you'll need to build everything from ports in order for the dependencies to work out. Still a temporary solution though as you will need to upgrade to a newer PostgreSQL some time soon.

Our database won't work on 95 or at least that is what was displayed after installing postgresql95 and starting postgres.
Note that each version uses its own /var/db/postgres/data${version} directory. So you'll need to move/copy the old database files to the correct directory in order to migrate the actual database contents.

Back