Can't get webcamd/motion to work...

Hi :),

I'm currently trying to get multimedia/webcamd and multimedia/motion working.

My webcam: Logitech C310 HD | Vendor/ProductID (hex): 0x046d:0x081b

I used these commands to install webcamd.

cd /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd && BATCH=YES make "WITHOUT=HAL" "WITH=VT_CLIENT VT_SERVER" install clean

fetch -q -o - "https://gist.githubusercontent.com/dreamcat4/3518679d6acf46d2ea41/raw/0f730e04363eac806af18adfa08bf34870f501d1/webcamd" > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcamd

chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcamd

Motion is already installed and configured, but when I reboot it doesn't finish the bootinng proccess beause motion is complaining that there is no video device...

I have to manually start the server remote console and quit motion otherwhise the booting proccess doesnt't finish.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Beat me to it!

Like I said to balanga , You really want to work out the needed webcamd options needed using the command prompt and then add those to /etc/rc.conf settings for webcamd when working.

Sometimes instructions on the internet are old. So I worry when I see this from your question:
make "WITHOUT=HAL" "WITH=VT_CLIENT VT_SERVER"

The problem is ports change, these dreamcat4 instructions are old.
I would recommend running make config-recursive and set your options that way. That way you know they are still valid.
Then run make install clean.
This is after changing into the correct build directory: cd /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd

pwcview is the basic tool you use to see if you video device is working. You also need to check your device nodes under /dev

I reinstalled webcamd and checked the /etc/rc.conf file if everything is fine, I removed the
Code:
webcamd_device_0_name="..."
entry.

I ran the usbconfig command and then I copied the bold text below and added it to the /etc/rc.conf.

Output of usbconfig:
Code:
#Other devices
ugen5.2: <vendor 0x046d product 0x081b> at usbus5, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)

/etc/rc.conf

Code:
webcamd_device_0_name="vendor 0x046d product 0x081b"
webcamd_enable="YES"

After rebooting /dev/video0 appears, but motion is still showing "UNABLE TO OPEN VIDEO DEVICE".

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-02 um 17.23.51.png

I also changed the permissions of /dev/video0 to chmod 666 /dev/video0

Back