Solved Can't decrypt geli root pool at boot

I just installed FreeBSD at my home computer to have a more stable encryped zraid backup machine (I used Arch Linux with ZFS and dm-crypt before which wasn't stable at all).
Installation and everything worked fine until I got ahci timeouts in ahcich0 to which my geli encrypted SSD with bootpool and root pool (zroot) was connected.
After the computer froze completely I first tried the hint.ahci.0.msi=0 setting as recommended in this thread. Since then FreeBSD refuses to decrypt zroot.
I decrypted and imported the pool without problems from a live system and of course reverted the change.
I also exchanged the SATA connector of the SSD with one of the HDDs (in case the cable or sata port are at fault) and now the SSD registers as ada1 (previously ada0) so I added the geli key config for ada1 to the loader.conf but with no success. I still get asked in the boot process to enter my password for /dev/ada1, then for diskid and finally for zfs0 but it won't accept my password.
I'm starting to run out of ideas...

Edit: Never mind. I made a simple mistake in the geli(8) configuration which I didn't spot in about 20 boots into the live system..

Back