Can't configure sound on my PowerMac G5 Dual processors

Hello,

I've just installed FreeBSD 9.1-RC2 on my new world PowerMac G5 with dual processors machine. I installed 32 bit PPC, because only 1,25 GB memory attached in my PowerMac. Everything's just fine. X, network, power saving, etc. are working perfectly. But I can't configure the sound card.

Here is my /boot/loader.conf:
Code:
sound_load="YES" 
snd_driver_load="YES"

And here is my dmesg:
Code:
[/root] # dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <Apple I2S Audio Controller> mem 0-0xfff,0-0xff,0x100-0x1ff irq 158,129,130 on macio0
macio0: failed to reserve resource 0 - 0x1000 (0x1000) for pcm0
device_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

What did I wrong?

What does cat /dev/sndstat show?

Keep in mind that snd_driver isn't a driver itself, it simply loads all soundcard drivers that are available.

cat /dev/sndstat

It seem to me that there is nothing helpful:

Code:
[/root] # cat /dev/sndstat 
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2009061500/powerpc)
Installed devices:

Keep in mind that snd_driver isn't a driver itself, it simply loads all soundcard drivers that are available. That's why I try this option first in /boot/loader.conf.

1. Did you look at the kernel configuration file for any clues?
  2. Did you ask on the mailing list?

1. Not yet, first, I try to use loadable kernel modules.
  2. I've searched through mailing lists, but found nothing helpful.

The problem is that I do not know what exactly to ask. Because I do not know what audio chip is on my motherboard. I've searched through Apple Support to find out hardware. But the specification shows nothing about it. Now I think about installing MacOS X back again to this computer, maybe I can find out what audio chip is in it using MacOS X. As I understand all possible audio drivers already are in the GENERIC kernel, I've found those options in the configuration.

What does pciconf -lv show? The audio device should show up in the listing with class "multimedia" and subclass "audio".

Here it says:
Code:
macio0: failed to reserve resource 0 - 0x1000 (0x1000) for pcm0
It is a resource problem of the macio open firmware (OF) properties. I know this and I should fix it. It is a bit tricky since not every Mac has the same OF properties. Some newer models work with the <Apple I2S Audio Controller> and some not.

Back