can't build perl 5.26.1

use dtrace error:
Code:
/usr/ports/lang/perl5.26/work/perl-5.26.1/cpan/podlators/../../miniperl "-I../../lib" -MExtUtils::MY -e 'MY->fixin(shift)' -- blib/script/pod2man
dtrace: failed to link script perldtrace.d: No probe sites found for declared provider
/bin/sh: No probes in perlmain.o, generating a dummy dtrace_main.o    : not found
make[2]: *** [Makefile:360: dtrace_main.o] Error 127
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

don't use dtrace error:
Code:
cc -o libperl.so  op.o     perl.o malloc.o gv.o toke.o perly.o pad.o regcomp.o dump.o util.o mg.o reentr.o mro_core.o keywords.o hv.o av.o run.o pp_hot.o sv.o pp.o scope.o pp_ctl.o pp_sys.o doop.o doio.o regexec.o utf8.o taint.o deb.o universal.o globals.o perlio.o perlapi.o numeric.o mathoms.o locale.o pp_pack.o pp_sort.o caretx.o dquote.o time64.o   DynaLoader.o -lpthread -lm -lcrypt -lutil
/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/src/lib/csu/amd64/crt1.c:(.text+0x17b): undefined reference to `main'
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [makefile:334: libperl.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

how to build it?!- -

You're not giving us enough information. For example: what version of FreeBSD are you using? Have you updated the ports collection to the most recent version? Did you change any options other than DTRACE (see make showconfig)?

And it might help to paste a little more of the errors you got, more lines from before the point there the build halted.

Dude, 11.1 was released in July 2017. Maybe you should update your system?

system info:

Code:
[root@freebsd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.26]# uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd 11.1-STABLE FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r326381: Thu Nov 30 02:44:37 UTC 2017     root@releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

but, I can't upgrade it:
Code:
[root@freebsd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.26]# freebsd-update fetch && freebsd-update install
src component not installed, skipped
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
Fetching public key from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching public key from update6.freebsd.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

Ok, so you have 11-STABLE, not 11.1-CURRENT (that version never existed). The only way to update a -STABLE version is by using the source, freebsd-update(8) only works for -RELEASE versions.

system info:

Code:
[root@freebsd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.26]# uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd 11.1-STABLE FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r326381: Thu Nov 30 02:44:37 UTC 2017     root@releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
This is most likely the cause of your problems. You see, despite their names both -STABLE and -CURRENT aren't production releases. Instead these are developer snapshots where the main difference is that -STABLE is a bit less "bleeding edge" than -CURRRENT. But despite that you're still pretty much on your own and there are no guarantees that things will actually work.

I strongly suggest to use RELENG 11.1 instead. This is a currently supported release, also see this link. Hope this can also help.

Note that, contrary to -CURRENT, -STABLE is a supported version. As long as it's a recent -STABLE version from a supported major branch (10-STABLE and 11-STABLE at this time).

But I agree, if you don't need anything specific from -STABLE you should stick to a -RELEASE version.

Back