Solved Can't boot since i move the disk to different SATA port

Hi

Some days ago I installed again FreeBSD, all was fine, but I got some issue with the cable/port of the SATA on the motherboard. I switch different cable, different port and now the disk its working fine, but when FreeBSD try to boot can't find the kernel for its on different port of the motherboard.
How can find out the new place of my installation on /dev and the small console I got when it didn't boot. Maybe could be easier if i try from the installer. It's something never happened to me.
Sure its full of examples on the forum, but my english its not enough for find it. I been like 20 mins trying to find out how can I find something like this but no luck.
Other option its install it again but was nearly done and all compiled.

Thanks guys

but when FreeBSD try to boot can't find the kernel for its on different port of the motherboard.
Do you know if you did a ZFS or a UFS install? You're either stuck at the BTX prompt or stuck at the loader(8). I'm guessing it's loader(8) (it can't find the kernel). Does lsdev show you a list of devices to boot from? Because your disk is now on a different SATA port it may have gotten a different number, ada3 instead of ada0 for example.

Can you post a picture of what's on the screen?

Do you know if you did a ZFS or a UFS install? You're either stuck at the BTX prompt or stuck at the loader(8). I'm guessing it's loader(8) (it can't find the kernel). Does lsdev show you a list of devices to boot from? Because your disk is now on a different SATA port it may have gotten a different number, ada3 instead of ada0 for example.

Can you post a picture of what's on the screen?
When i was doing the shot for you i just seen now the disk was da03 and i just changed the /etc/fstab and all its fine now.

Thanks for your time.

Back