Cann't set nv 1060 to 58Hz

_ze

I want to set 1920x1200 and refresh 58Hz to display,What ever I use xrandr get

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  140 (RANDR)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  18 (RRAddOutputMode)
  Serial number of failed request:  41
  Current serial number in output stream:  42
I want to know what is the next setp to solve the question.Thinks!

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Are you using the nv(4) driver or x11/nvidia-driver? I suggest trying the latter, it works much better.

Also, there's rarely a need to set the refresh rates, EDID usually does a good job detecting the capabilities of your monitor.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

_ze please click on the "Reply" button instead of the "Report" button. The "Report" button is for reporting inappropriate posts or for reporting issues to moderators.

• Thanks
Reactions: _ze

jkraehemann

I had problems configuring Full-HD screen with vesa. The solution was provide a modeline for display in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, see attachment.

Attachments

shkhln

Aspiring Daemon

I had problems configuring Full-HD screen with vesa. The solution was provide a modeline for display in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, see attachment.
I noticed you are also trying to spam /r/freebsd with that "solution". Please, stop that immediately. Vesa should be considered strictly a fallback, when nothing else could be made to work. It is not at all appropriate to suggest vesa in place of Nvidia, Intel or AMD drivers.

jkraehemann

Yeah, feel free to replace vesa driver with the appropriate one for your video card ;)

Prior, I had problems to configure higher screen resolutions, the modeline actually fixed it.

OP
OP
Z

_ze

Yeah, feel free to replace vesa driver with the appropriate one for your video card ;)

Prior, I had problems to configure higher screen resolutions, the modeline actually fixed it.
I try it but not work.Now I change DVI to DP ,it's work Good!At window 10 nv is well as 58Hz but not 60Hz.Earliest I think it's wrong with nv card to mainboard,because I use another nv card it good at 60HZ.Thinks!