Solved Cannot upload images

hukadan

When I upload images on the forum, the only thing I get is this:
I tried on FreeBSD with Iridium and Firefox (the only installed plugin is LastPass). Looking at this post (and others), it seems that I am not the only one. Any idea on where could be the problem ?

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

We have limited storage capacity on the forum servers. I suggest you use one of the dozens of picture sites to upload it and use [IMG] to embed it.

We actually prefer that you copy and paste text instead. Pictures typically add very little information. Especially pictures of regular console output.

OP
OP
hukadan

hukadan

We have limited storage capacity on the forum servers.
Noted. I thought there was a plugin that made the upload on a picture site automatically.
Pictures typically add very little information.
While it is true on most cases, it was just to post a screenshot on the thread I linked in my OP which is about screenshots. I will just restrain myself.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I thought there was a plugin that made the upload on a picture site automatically.
Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know the upload function just uploads to a directory on the server, just like any other file. But I'm going to have a good look in the admin panel, just to make sure.

While it is true on most cases, it was just to post a screenshot on the thread I linked in my OP which is about screenshots.
That's definitely the exception to the rule. It's pretty hard to post screenshots in text ;)

Did you recently try to upload something? A few days ago perhaps? We were hitting 99% usage a few days ago. That may have automatically disabled some features. It's been cleaned up since and we should have a bit of breathing space now.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Apparently the [ATTACH] BBCode was turned off. It did allow uploading of files but the forum code never processed the [ATTACH] tags, so nothing showed up.

OP
OP
hukadan

hukadan

Thank you for looking into that. I can see it works now for the links given in my OP. Anyway, if the forum is on the verge of running out of space, I think it is preferable to use dedicated services to store images and then use
IMG tag.