Cannot mount NFSv4 share

Hi

I have a NFSv4 share on a server, where I can connect an Ubuntu client, the share is correctly mounted on Ubuntu.
Now I want to mount the same share from another FreeBSD server (both server and client are 12.1 version).
My rc.conf seems to be correct:
Code:
nfsuserd_enable="YES"
nfscbd_enable="YES"
nfs_client_enable="YES"
The permissions are correctly set on server, my IP is in the list of clients for this share.
When I try to mount the share I get an error about the local directory (destination of the mount):
Code:
# mount_nfs -o nfsv4 -o sec=sys 10.192.20.16:/NFSROOT/GLE-data/bimp/data /mnt/nfs
mount_nfs: nmount: /mnt/nfs: No such file or directory
The directory /mnt/nfs exists, the owner is root, it is world readable/writable. Idem for /mnt.
When I try to truss the command I see the source of the failure:
Code:
fstatat(AT_FDCWD,"/mnt",{ mode=drwxrwxrwx ,inode=31,size=3,blksize=4096 },AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW) = 0 (0x0)
fstatat(AT_FDCWD,"/mnt/nfs",{ mode=drwxrwxrwx ,inode=3125,size=2,blksize=131072 },AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW) = 0 (0x0)
fstatat(AT_FDCWD,"/mnt/nfs",{ mode=drwxrwxrwx ,inode=3125,size=2,blksize=131072 },0x0) = 0 (0x0)
nmount(0x800675000,16,0x0)                ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
The result of fstatat system call seems to be OK (0x0), but nmount returns error (!?)
I tried this command from /root and from /

What's going wrong here??

NOTE:
The system is installed on ZFS root.

Finally... I could get it working.
The error is really confusing - it was a problem of path on the server (in the mount command I used NFSv3 style, so the path was absolute, but for NFSv4 it must be relative to the NFSv4 root).

Could you please clarify what you mean "but for NFSv4 it must be relative to the NFSv4 root"?
I have the same issues with nfsv4 mount.

Could you please clarify what you mean "but for NFSv4 it must be relative to the NFSv4 root"?
I have the same issues with nfsv4 mount.
It means that for a directory, exported as follows on NFSv4 server:
Code:
/NFSROOT/backup/bderp  -sec=sys  -maproot=root  10.192.20.100

...I should mount it on 10.192.20.100 like this:
Code:
10.192.20.16:/backup/bderp /usr/local/data2/db-nfs nfs rw,vers=4,sec=sys 0 0

...and NOT like this:
Code:
10.192.20.16:/NFSROOT/backup/bderp /usr/local/data2/db-nfs nfs rw,vers=4,sec=sys 0 0

The root directory on NFSv4 server NFSROOT must not be included in the path passed to mount_nfs.

Back