Can linux-flashplayer still be installed?

i-bsd

Unfortunately one of my work websites is still using a stupid flash-dependent analytics page.

Is installing flashplayer for Firefox 60+ still possible?

b6s6d6

Unfortunately one of my work websites is still using a stupid flash-dependent analytics page.

Is installing flashplayer for Firefox 60+ still possible?
You can still install flashplayer on FreeBSD, but you won't be able to use it with Firefox (dropped support recently). You'll need a browser with NPAPI support, like Pale Moon if I'm not mistaken

kpedersen

Daemon

If you are finding it hard to get an obsolete (NPAPI) browser installed for FreeBSD, you might like to install emulators/wine and an older Win32 version of Firefox from oldapps.com and install the flash plugin in that. That is how I used to use flash before the world became a (slightly) better place ;)

If you find your experience is frankly quite broken and sh*t... yep, that's how you know it is working correctly haha

rigoletto@

Daemon
Developer

Is there anything in the interwebs still requiring flash? I don't have it installed since about 5 years, and I think I don't see anything broke because of the lack of it at least from the last 3 years.

kpedersen

Daemon

Flash is no longer really in the wild. However there are probably still a few small internal company "web based" tools that use it. The last one I ever used was to configure some old obsolete accounts system built back in the days when Flash was seen as "progress".

It was a terrible idea back then and now some of us are unfortunate enough to just have to clean up the last few remaining pieces. The last time I ever needed to use a Flash app back in the day was about 2 years ago. I have been clear ever since :)