IPFW Can ipfw-nat64 be used for translating traffic from an IPv4-LAN to IPv6 sites in the internet?

obsigna

Profile disabled
ipfw(8) suggests that nat64 is for IPv6-LAN to IPv4-Internet.

Say I want (without discussion) my LANs stay IPv4. In case ipfw-nat64 cannot be used or accessing IPv6 sites elsewhere, does anybody know of a working nat46 solution for FreeBSD?

Say I want (without discussion) my LANs stay IPv4. In case ipfw-nat64 cannot be used or accessing IPv6 sites elsewhere, does anybody know of a working nat46 solution for FreeBSD?
Think about it, how are you going to cram an 128 bit IPv6 address in a 32 bit IPv4 address space? For accessing IPv4 from IPv6 there's a special range; ::FFFF:a.b.c.d

Think about it, how are you going to cram an 128 bit IPv6 address in a 32 bit IPv4 address space? For accessing IPv4 from IPv6 there's a special range; ::FFFF:a.b.c.d
This does not work with the IPv6 stack of the clients in the LAN being disabled, does it?

Thank you both. The answers are not exactly what I hoped for, however, after some more reading, I see that the options for accessing IPv6 hosts from IPv4 initiators are quite limited.

Back