Solved Can I downgrade from CURRENT to RELEASE or STABLE?

About half a year ago, I decided to run FreeBSD on my Raspeberry Pi 3 B+ which I have been using as a little home server. When looking for installation instructions, I found THIS page. I decided to use a pre-built image. I didn't pay attention and used the 13-CURRENT snapshot instead of the 12-RELEASE.

Since then I have got more familiar with FreeBSD and realized that with my experience and use case, I should definitely not be using the bleeding-edge CURRENT branch.

My question is: is there a way to downgrade my system to RELEASE? I have been looking on the forums, but I couldn't really find similar posts.

Thanks in advance!

It's possible but it's unsupported. So it may or may not work properly and may require a lot of fiddling. You would have to fetch the correct sources for the version you want and build from source.

It's possible but it's unsupported. So it may or may not work properly and may require a lot of fiddling. You would have to fetch the correct sources for the version you want and build from source.

So I assume I am better off with just making a clean install of RELEASE.

Back