UFS CAM status : ATA Status Error while I try to boot FreeBSD in multi-user-mode.

Yes, you can use gmirror(8).

yes,thanks. but the man pages aren't useful to configure everyting great,at least for me. Can u understand which kind of epistemological differences there are between the man pages and for example,this kind of tutorial ?

what's better to reach the goal ? the first or the second source,in your opinion ?

… At the moment the disk does not show any error. Maybe I've understood the reason of that error. …

I suggest checking that the entire device (disk) is writeable, without error, before performing the next installation.

If you like, test with StressDisk – let us know if you need help with the routine.

I suggest checking that the entire device (disk) is writeable, without error, before performing the next installation.

If you like, test with StressDisk – let us know if you need help with the routine.

I've already reinstalled everything on the same "damaged" disk. Even because I didn't find another suitable disk where to install FreeBSD. I've tried to install it on a partition instead of a whole disk,but I failed. Is there a method to do this ? maybe some kind of unattended installation ? because the classic graphical installation method wants one full disk.

yes,thanks. but the man pages aren't useful to configure everyting great,at least for me. Can u understand which kind of epistemological differences there are between the man pages and for example,this kind of tutorial ?

what's better to reach the goal ? the first or the second source,in your opinion ?
I'm confused. Your topic title is UFS but you're talking ZFS.

I'm confused. Your topic title is UFS but you're talking ZFS.

I would like to learn how to make an incremental backup. I found that tutorial that could teach me. What I'm not sure is if it can be applied to my situation or not.

PS : you are right. I'm not using ZFS so the tutorial is not suited for me. So,I'm looking for a backup strategy for UFS.

Back