Calling sys_execve from a kernel module

I have a kernel module (which is actually a char device) that has this function, which tries to execute execve "/bin/ls".

Code:
static void funct()
{
    struct execve_args args;

args.fname = 0x8008090; // userspace address
    args.argv = 0x8008220; // userspace address
    args.envv = 0x8008210; // userspace address

uprintf("Here: funct\n");

int ret = sys_execve(curthread, &args);
    uprintf("Returned with %d\n", ret);
}

CASE A:
I have a process (in userspace) that opens the char device and writes to it. In the write function, I call funct() and it basically executes "/bin/ls", and it outputs the files and folders from the current folder.

CASE B:
If I try to call funct by performing a buffer overflow attack in the kernel (the process will feed a payload to the device), by overwriting a return address on the stack with funct()'s address, there is no "/bin/ls" output, although funct() gets called - "Here: funct" gets printed.

Why is that happening? Is it because the kernel crashes and some post-sys_execve routines are not able to give the control back to the process or to actually print the result of "/bin/ls"? (sys_execve returns with 0 in both cases). What can I do in order to get the respective output to show before the crash/panic takes place?

P.S. The same thing as in CASE B happens if I try to inject a shellcode that puts the right arguments in rdi, rsi and calls sys_execve.
P.S.S. It's for academic purposes.

args.fname = 0x8008090; // userspace address args.argv = 0x8008220; // userspace address args.envv = 0x8008210; // userspace address
The comment suggest you're thinking this is an address in userspace. If this really is code in a kernel module, then this probably is an address in kernelspace (kernel modules use kernelmem AFAIK)
Take a look at https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/driverbasics-char.html
It includes <sys/malloc.h>; it moves data from kernelspace to userspace by calling uiomove.
If you really have a pointer to userspace within your kernel module, please explain how you got that.

The comment suggest you're thinking this is an address in userspace. If this really is code in a kernel module, then this probably is an address in kernelspace (kernel modules use kernelmem AFAIK)
Take a look at https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/driverbasics-char.html
It includes <sys/malloc.h>; it moves data from kernelspace to userspace by calling uiomove.
If you really have a pointer to userspace within your kernel module, please explain how you got that.
They are indeed user space addresses. It's because sys_execve takes userspace pointers and then the data is moved to the kernel space from the user space.

How can you call execve() in kernel land ? Should it be an exploit you do the magic in kernel (elevate privileges, etc.) and return back to userspace. Userspace then executes whatever is there to execute under new creds..

Back