Building the system from source files on 13.3

Good day.

After a not entirely successful update from 12.2 to 13.3 by using freebsd-update (sendmail not started) , I decided to update the system in the classic way.
In /usr/src located from 13.3/src.txz.
By doing make buildworld
In file included from /usr/include/c++/v1/__algorithm/remove.h:12:
/usr/include/c++/v1/__algorithm/find.h:17:10: fatal error: '__string/constexpr_c_functions.h' file not found
17 | #include <__string/constexpr_c_functions.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/libllvmminimal
*** Error code 1

What do you advise?

I would suggest getting the source with git(1), checkout the releng/13.3 branch for 13.3-RELEASE.
Same error.
Code:
git clone -b releng/13.3 --depth 1 [URL]https://git.freebsd.org/src.git[/URL] /usr/src
Клонирование в «/usr/src»...
remote: Enumerating objects: 94632, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (94632/94632), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (80941/80941), done.
remote: Total 94632 (delta 19828), reused 39057 (delta 10008), pack-reused 0 (from 0)
Получение объектов: 100% (94632/94632), 310.28 МиБ | 4.40 МиБ/с, готово.
Определение изменений: 100% (19828/19828), готово.
Updating files: 100% (91161/91161), готово.

/usr/src# git pull
Уже актуально.

/usr/src# git branch --all
* releng/13.3
  remotes/origin/releng/13.3

# make buildworld
[Creating objdir /usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64...]

In file included from /usr/include/c++/v1/__algorithm/remove.h:12:
/usr/include/c++/v1/__algorithm/find.h:17:10: fatal error: '__string/constexpr_c_functions.h' file not found
   17 | #include <__string/constexpr_c_functions.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/libllvmminimal
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src

Is there anything in /etc/make.conf and/or /etc/src.conf? Something seems to be messed up on your system.

After a not entirely successful update from 12.2 to 13.3 by using freebsd-update
Did you revert this? Or are you trying to build world on this botched install? Is this a ZFS system? If it is, I would suggest selecting the old, working, 12.2 boot environment.

Is there anything in /etc/make.conf and/or /etc/src.conf? Something seems to be messed up on your system.

Did you revert this? Or are you trying to build world on this botched install? Is this a ZFS system? If it is, I would suggest selecting the old, working, 12.2 boot environment.
I agree that there is something wrong with the system.
On another system where there is no sendmail and zfs update was successful.

/etc/make.conf:
# with SASLv2:
SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2

/etc/src.conf not exist.

No, I did not return to 12.2. Is it possible? Although I don't need it.
But in general make buildworld it's just compile in /usr/obj what's in /usr/src?

No, not ZFS, though one pool is exist on non-bootable disks.

If you want to stick to sendmail I would suggest using the mail/sendmail port/package instead. In 14.x sendmail is replaced with dma(8) as the default MTA, and in 15 sendmail will get removed completely from the base.

But in general make buildworld it's just compile in /usr/obj what's in /usr/src?
/usr/src contains the source code, /usr/obj is where the intermediate files and executables end up.

I don't think the source is wrong, it's looking for something on the system and failing. Which would make sense if this was done on a previously botched system.

Back