BugMeNot account = Ban! -- unban user (blah, u=3764)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john_doe

Can you unban blah user?
&quot said:
You have been banned for the following reason:
Spammer (hijacked account?)

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
It was basically a bugmenot account (like john_doe or blah2). Such accounts are always susceptible to spammers, even my current one. But I want to be able to edit messages of blah. It feels kinda awkward to address to your own messages as someone's else. Besides, I like that username more.

Some weak proof that I indeed own a few messages of blah:
[post=8603]This post[/post] points to a diff on a private ftp. I've placed identity.txt on same ftp server and same folder.

I tried to send PM to admin and use Contact Us. No reply for more than a week. What is a good place for such questions?

Thanks for the heads-up. All bugmenot accounts will be automatically banned from now on, including the existing ones. We don't mind 'anonymous' signups. There are plenty of throw-away one-time email addresses, specifically for that purpose), but actually publishing login details for this forum will get you and your IP address banned and reported. Tough.

Closed.

Reminder: three more accounts were banned today for posting their account details to BugMeNot, or plans to do so. Let this be a warning to everybody: don't publish or share your account details anywhere. Your account will be banned on sight, no matter how active a member you are.

And yes, you can really forget about getting people banned by putting their accounts on BugMeNot ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back