BSD Certification

The right certifications can get you through the HR filters and to an interview and may help when negotiating your salary. So maybe it is something else with your resume? Or the certifications are not right for the role you are looking for?

For my work in IT Security, I hold a bunch of certs that have been very effective to get me interviews for new contracts and positions. However, they are mostly advanced and vendor-agnostic: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CDPSE and C|EH. Vendor-specific certifications will only be applicable to very few jobs or they are way too common, e.g. Microsoft certs, entry-level Cisco and the whole "+" series of certs (e.g. Security+). In short: there is way too many junk certifications and it can be hard to pick the right ones for what you want to achieve.

The right certifications can get you through the HR filters and to an interview and may help when negotiating your salary. So maybe it is something else with your resume? Or the certifications are not right for the role you are looking for?

For my work in IT Security, I hold a bunch of certs that have been very effective to get me interviews for new contracts and positions. However, they are mostly advanced and vendor-agnostic: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CDPSE and C|EH. Vendor-specific certifications will only be applicable to very few jobs or they are way too common, e.g. Microsoft certs, entry-level Cisco and the whole "+" series of certs (e.g. Security+). In short: there is way too many junk certifications and it can be hard to pick the right ones for what you want to achieve.
thank you so much for you replay , and i confirm about the HR filter i know that , what i want to add is it depends of the region i mean the country also should be taken in consideration, i will give you an example the RHCA most of them a independent they cost to much because the salary is not to high around here so it's really hard to find a job with that kind of certs , but being a an experienced engineer is more valuable to me then being a certified , a driver licence gives you the ability to driver but don't prove that you are an excellent driver ,

Back