Broadcom BCM4313 Wireless Device

Hi, yesterday I installed FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT and wanted to set up my wifi. I have a Broadcom BCM4313 and I read googleing there were some problems attempting to get this card working with the net/bwn-firmware-kmod, so some people used ndis to use the Windows' drivers. Because I wouldn't like to use the Windows' drivers, I attempted to install the net/bwn-firmware-kmod port, added
Code:
if_bwn_load="YES"
bwn_v4_ucode_load="YES"
to /boot/loader.conf, remade grub config and rebooted, but the interface is not shown when I type ifconfig. If I type dmesg | grep -i 'bwn', I see two lines saying "KLD file if_bwn.ko is missing dependencies", but I successfully installed the port, added the kernel modules at boot and they are shown if I type kldstat. Does anybody know if is this card supported at the moment? Any idea on how to get my wireless working, avoiding the Windows' drivers? Many thanks.

You need to search this forum or the mailing lists. TL;DR. Broadcom is the problem. They don't supply drivers to FreeBSD and turn their back on any requests. They couldn't care less. Use something else.

AFAIK, Broadcom supplied an open source version of the BCM4313 firmware, precisely under a BSD style license. That's because many Linux distros recognise this card.

Back