broadband router

A

Anonymous

Hi!

I had seven (7) years D-Link 604 broadband router and it worked all the time without problems. Ten days ago it passed away :) and I bought D-Link EBR-2310 and I have all the time problem with speed, connections drop...
I am looking for the new one but which one, please? Linksys BEFSR41?
I have a desktop computer with FreeBSD and there are two others computers from my wife (Windows). And I am looking for wired one. How is ZyXel?

Thanks in advance,

Mitja

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=478

Before you throw it out you may want to check the settings for the built in firewall.
Most routers have a web interface for you to set it up.

Make sure you are using the correct DNS server. Should be the DNS server of your ISP but I sometimes set it to the router address itself and the LAN works fine.

You may also set it to a fixed IP address and all the machines in the house. I had a cheep router that had some kind of stack problem when using DHCP. It would stall out and give poor throughput. I set everything in the house with a fixed IP and it worked fine.

Looking at the web site it has MAC filtering and web site filtering. Check all of those settings out.

teckk said:
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=478

Before you throw it out you may want to check the settings for the built in firewall.
Most routers have a web interface for you to set it up.

Make sure you are using the correct DNS server. Should be the DNS server of your ISP but I sometimes set it to the router address itself and the LAN works fine.

You may also set it to a fixed IP address and all the machines in the house. I had a cheep router that had some kind of stack problem when using DHCP. It would stall out and give poor throughput. I set everything in the house with a fixed IP and it worked fine.

Looking at the web site it has MAC filtering and web site filtering. Check all of those settings out.

Thank you for the answer but anyway this router is POS. Just read d-link forum. I try different settings and all the time is same. I am thinking to buy the old DI-604 or Zyxel but NEVER again D-Link.

Back