bridges between jail and vm

Hey guys, I have multiple Jails and one VM running on my System. Here is what I try to do: I want to connect one of these Jails with a Bhyve VM via Bridge but I am not sure how to do it. The Jail I am trying to connect is in the same Network as my VM. In my case 10.10.10.4/8 (for the Jail) ans my VM has 10.10.10.5/8 The important part has to be that everything must be connected via Bridges. freenas is running on 192.168.20.x For example igb0 with Jail1(vnet0:2) this is bridge0 then igb0 with Jail2(vnet0:4) bridge1. Then i have to connect the Jail2 (vnet0:4) with the VM bridge 2. Do you guys have any ideas how I get this working? I don't need Internet Access in the Network. I just want them to communicate with each other. thanks a lot!

For example igb0 with Jail1(vnet0:2) this is bridge0 then igb0 with Jail2(vnet0:4) bridge1.
If both jails are on the same network why put them on separate bridges?

A bridge(4) works like a (simple) switch. All ports on that switch are connected to the same network. By using multiple bridges you are splitting up the network into multiple switches that aren't connected to each other.

Back