bluetooth Could not connect to HC: 5

Hello,

The configuration of my bluetooth speaker is recognized.

I don't understand the error message:
hw.snd.basename_clone: 1 -> 0
backend_bt: PSM = 0x19
backend_bt: Could not connect to HC: 5

I have the same configuration on another machine and it works with the same speaker.

Both machines are under FreeBSD 12.1p13

I am very annoyed if you can help me.

Thank you
Didier

Hello,

the machines are absolutely identical

I installed FreeBSD 13.0 and I have the same problem with the same error message

hw.snd.basename_clone: 1 -> 0
backend_bt: PSM = 0x19
backend_bt: Could not connect to HC: 5

regards

I have the same problem with Beats Flex bluetooth headset (backend_bt: Could not connect to HC: 5). Connection can be made (with hccontrol) but no audio (HC: 5 at this point). Other headsets work fine on the same machine/setup (i.te. JBL 220, JBL RUN, JBL Xtreme2, Panasonic). I have no microphone though (it only works with JBL 220) it seems some audio codecs are not supported by virtual_oss. Maybe virtual_oss needs update with more modern codecs and connection mechanisms? HPS once suggested hcidump to sniff out the traffic and some headsets connecting back to the host in order to work.

I did purchase cheap USB-Bluetooth-Transmitter (Kruger&Matz BT-1 [1]) that can be connected to USB and shows ups as audio sink /dev/dsp* (no source though so no microphone). It connects to all headsets providing out-of-the-box experience with sound over bluetooth with minimal latency (as opposed to internal bluetooth stack). Microphone shows up as separate USB device that is not supported by FreeBSD (nor windoze) and vendor does not indend to fix it do the sink and source would show up as single /dev/dsp* device. It works on a 5m USB cable so I could put it on the room ceiling corner so I have radio coverage at home (as opposed to small USB BT dongle). Maybe this is the way to go?

[1] https://www.krugermatz.com/en_US/p/BT-1-Bluetooth-receiver-and-transmitter/2320

Back