Bluetooth compatible list

Colleagues, please tell me where I can find a list of fully supported Bluetooth controllers?
I'm interested in communication with headphones and DACs, as well as phones with softswitches.

I am grateful for advice,
Ogogon.

Nobody maintains such list at the moment. My CSR8510 dongle seems to work (to some extent), while the thing from Actions Semiconductor doesn't (they are not competent enough to write the precise chip name into metadata, it self-identifies as simply ACTIONS1234).

I'm considering buying a few more dongles with different chips just to test them, but I'm not sure if there is enough interest.

Nobody maintains such list at the moment.
Maybe such a project is necessary and relevant? I saw some site with equipment compatibility with FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but it turned out to be very inconvenient. You can search for a specific device, but you cannot list all compatible devices to find one that is available for easy purchase.

I'm not a long time FreeBSD user but one thing I learned pretty early is that this is a project that relies heavily on volounteers, so if you think that something is defintely "necessary and relevant" ...

I'm not a long time FreeBSD user but one thing I learned pretty early is that this is a project that relies heavily on volounteers, so if you think that something is defintely "necessary and relevant" ...
If you give out such advice so easily, then are you ready to join such a project, find some resources and bring two or three energetic colleagues? Judging by your cheerfulness, it’s so simple...

Thank you. Although I thought there would be more...
These are the same listed in the ng_ubt(4) manpage.

This manpage only lists USB devices, so there might be more. Additionally, many vendors share the same chip, so again, there might be more devices supported. Not a problem, just buy a bunch of cheap USB dongles on Amazon and see which ones work.

Back