I installed blender via ports but
Code:
blender-bin
BLF_lang_init: 'locale' data path for translations not found, continuing
Bus error: 10
How to fix that?
Code:
uname -a
FreeBSD BSD|ZFS 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #2: Tue Feb  7 15:02:13 EET 2012     root@BSD|ZFS:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  amd64

Try moving your ~/.blender/ directory out of the way. See if it starts properly without it.

What gets printed if you start blender -d?

I have blender working perfectly fine here. Does your videocard support hardware 3D?

Code:
blender -d
Blender 2.61 (sub 0)
Build: 2012-02-08 01:00:31 FreeBSD Release
argv[0] = /usr/local/bin/blender-bin
argv[1] = -d
read file 
  Version 258 sub 1 svn r0

ordered
 OBCube
 OBLamp
 OBCamera
Bus error: 10
I use Nvidia 8800 GTX GDDR3 768MB so I guess yes. Is a gaming card. After 4 years and still can play games like the latest Call of duty. Not on full screen but on a good resolution. Also made it with crysis and GTA IV very good!

I can't start it properly from work. But if I'm not mistaken after the OBCamera it tries to initialize OpenGL.

Are you 100% sure hardware 3D acceleration works correctly?

sk8harddiefast said:
I use Nvidia 8800 GTX GDDR3 768MB so I guess yes.

Simply having the card doesn't mean you have 3D acceleration :) Did you install the nvidia drivers? Does glxinfo | grep -i render show that you have direct rendering from the nvidia drivers?

Adam

Yes. I installed Nvidia-drivers from ports.
Code:
glxinfo | grep -i render
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 8800 GTX/PCI/SSE2
    GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image, 
    GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_NV_point_sprite, 
    GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_OES_depth24, 
    GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_OES_get_program_binary, GL_OES_mapbuffer,

Did you use any of the alternate compilers to build it?

No. I build it with system's default compiler. But I have also on my system gcc46. I tried also to build it witch gcc46 but is not builded.

The official main page seems to be down right now but you still can access the download server. I just realized they only didn't update the links but the files were always there. You can download a package for the 2.61 release or the latest 2.62RC. It's only available for i386 though.

Back