Blank dialog in KDE

Hello,

This has been happening to me across several updates of KDE and appears unresolved. What happens is that opening a new KDE application causes all the dialogs to be blank. Even opening a new dialog, such as SAVE, in a KDE app the dialog is blank. This does not affect non-KDE apps or apps not using the KDE theme. For example, Opera works as does GTK Emacs and Java applications, but LibreOffice compiled with KDE support is affected. This generally happens after having been logged into KDE for a long time, for several weeks, without a logout. The only way to save it appears to be logging out and restarting KDE.

Code:
freeenv 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #0 r248590: Thu Mar 21 12:44:17 PDT 2013

Using nvidia-driver 310.44_1 presently with some desktop effects enabled.

I cannot unfortunately include a screenshot because the screenshot application is KDE-based. :(

Thanks, Aric

I can recover some dialogs by issuing killall plasma-desktop plasma-desktop&. But it will not recover all dialogs. Only some. Very odd.

Well, this is odd. I thought I was running the latest. I rebuilt it from SVN on March 21, 2013. Somehow I thought I was getting -RELEASE. Hmmm :\

9.1-STABLE as of March 21 is newer than 9.1-RELEASE. A release is just a point in time, you have many bug fixes and other stuff that has been committed since the release at the end of December.

The version of the operating system is probably not related to the KDE problems.

wblock@ said:
9.1-STABLE as of March 21 is newer than 9.1-RELEASE. A release is just a point in time, you have many bug fixes and other stuff that has been committed since the release at the end of December.

This was my impression as well. I have no intention of going back to 9.1-RELEASE.

wblock@ said:
The version of the operating system is probably not related to the KDE problems.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. Which means this problem remains unsolved. ;)

Back