Black screen after logout with kde4.4 and nvidia-driver

After deleting all my packages from a FreeBSD8.0/i386-Installation in order to avoid any mess, I did a fresh install of 8-stable-packages of xorg7.5 and kde4.4.
The nvidia-173-driver (Geforce 5900 FX-card)was also installed properly from ports and works fine. KDE4.4 after logging in through kdm also works fine, but it turns out that after logging out from a session using the menue the screen goes black and kdm does not reappear. An CTRL+ALT+F1-F12 has no effect, the machine can only be rebooted with CTRL+ALT+DEL.
I've also foud out that this only happens when I use driver "nvidia" in my xorg.conf (the xorg.conf was also freshly generated with Xorg -configure).
But when I use driver "nv" logging out works, no black screen.
This seems to be an issue with the new KDE4.4, as the old KDE4 from 8.0-release-packages didn't have that problem. Any ideas?

It sounds more related to the nvidia driver and/or xorg. Try disabling KDM and use startx.
If you logout do you still have the same problem? If you can, also try the default window manager twm.

I've also tried with GDM/Gnome2.30 from the 8-stable-packages and logging out with that works perfectly, so I don't think that this is an nvidia-problem. Maybe recompiling the port which contains kdm would help? What would that be, kdebase4?

Back