Bios is not opening after installing FreeBSD

Hello, after installing FreeBsD my computer stop opening bios and launch any os, i been try pull out disk with installed system and usb flash where been installer but it dont help me.

I don't think it's related to FreeBSD as you should be able to open the BIOS even without any system in disk as BIOS remains in a memory chip and can only be written using proper software usually provided by the computer/motherboard vendor.
I would say it's a coincidence and unfortunately your computer probably the GPU just died.

I don't think it's related to FreeBSD as you should be able to open the BIOS even without any system in disk as BIOS remains in a memory chip and can only be written using proper software usually provided by the computer/motherboard vendor.
I would say it's a coincidence and unfortunately your computer probably the GPU just died.
Hi, im not sure in that it's because of GPU died because ihave 2 videocards, nvidia videocard (nvidia geforce gt710 1 gb) and intel graphic card, and i been tryed pull out all drives and this is dont help (I already said that)

I had something similar when I removed a HDD while the computer was hibernated or powered off by some power saving procedure.
It was no way to enter the BIOS setup until I connected the HDD, loaded the OS and powered off PC in a correct way.

Doesn't sound like something an OS would cause.

Any video output? Any beeps? Do fan(s) start? Any lights on the PSU or motherboard etc?

If it's utterly dead/dark/quiet then start with the basics of power, removing and re-seating components etc.

Try with pressing repetedly either F2 or F7 or del during boot. That should bring up the bios menu
I been try these keys but it dont help also i noticed what logo looks some damage
20240212_132558.jpg

Page #59:
F2 for System Setup.
F12 or Ctrl+Alt+F8 for Boot Menu (& System Setup).

It doesn't seem to have a CLEAR_CMOS button [1]. (Desktop, Mini-Tower or Small Form Factor?)
Try resetting as shown on page #37 if the problem persists. (Removing The Coin-Cell Battery... and Install again)

Page #77:
LED 1-3-4 orange (visible during the POST process, Power On Self Test)
Power Button blue
Problem Description A possible system board resource and/or hardware failure has occurred.
Troubleshooting Steps
– Clear CMOS.
– Disconnect all internal and external peripherals, and restart the computer. If the computer boots, add the peripheral cards back one by one until you find the bad one.
– If the problem persists, the system board / system board component is faulty.

[Not for OptiPlex 790]

[1] Check if...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdYC302smqE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8gDMF9nYc0

I been try these keys but it dont help also i noticed what logo looks some damageView attachment 18182
It really looks like your BIOS got somehow corrupt or the chip needs to be replaced.
You may need one of these to flash a good version of your BIOS
and you'll need another computer to flash it.

But if the chip is damaged you will really need to replace it.

Hi, im not sure in that it's because of GPU died because ihave 2 videocards, nvidia videocard (nvidia geforce gt710 1 gb) and intel graphic card, and i been tryed pull out all drives and this is dont help (I already said that)
If the system have a damaged chip it may not work at all.
A damaged chip/component may interfere in the boot during hardware detection stage even if you have two video cards.
The damaged component may interfere on how the power is distributed all over the board and the system may work but have a weird behavior or may not work at all.
I had once a system that does not boot because I did not properly plug in the new RAM in the laptop memory slot.
Try to make sure all components are properly plugged, memory, disks, dvd reader, etc.
You may have a damaged video card, memory or like I mentioned earlier somehow the BIOS got corrupt or the chip damaged.

If the system have a damaged chip it may not work at all.
A damaged chip/component may interfere in the boot during hardware detection stage even if you have two video cards.
The damaged component may interfere on how the power is distributed all over the board and the system may work but have a weird behavior or may not work at all.
I had once a system that does not boot because I did not properly plug in the new RAM in the laptop memory slot.
Try to make sure all components are properly plugged, memory, disks, dvd reader, etc.
You may have a damaged video card, memory or like I mentioned earlier somehow the BIOS got corrupt or the chip damaged.

Doesn't sound like something an OS would cause.

Any video output? Any beeps? Do fan(s) start? Any lights on the PSU or motherboard etc?

If it's utterly dead/dark/quiet then start with the basics of power, removing and re-seating components

Back