Code:
bind-tools: 9.14.9 -> 9.16.1
bind911: 9.11.14 -> 9.11.17

--------

Message from bind911-9.11.17:

--
===>   NOTICE:

This port is deprecated; you may wish to reconsider installing it:

End of life, please migrate to a newer version of BIND9.

It is scheduled to be removed on or after 2021-12-31.
What does it mean? I need Bind and Unbound does not suit me

BIND 9.11 will be end-of-life on 31 December 2021 and won't be supported any more. So, you have more than a year to switch to a newer version of BIND.

and which one is new? And is it possible to save settings Bind911 to Bind914 automatically?

Than is it possible to save settings Bind911 to Bind916 automatically by upgrading?

They both use the same directories and files. So just delete the old, install the new and see what this gets you. Make a backup copy of your /usr/local/etc/named directory, just as a precaution, in case something does break.

The only configuration difference I could find between 911 and 916 (well, in my own set-up) was the deprecation of the dnssec-enable option. Other than that, it appears to be a drop-in replacement. No need to wait.

9.14 has an issue that it might use huge amounts of memory with certain configurations - recently I got message that this had been fixed, so probably it is solved in 9.16.

I'm going to wait a while. Looks like a major change:

A new asynchronous network communications system based on libuv is now used by named for listening for incoming requests and responding to them.

There's already been some friction:

Back