Solved BHyve, 11.2, Cumulus' VX Image - Stuck in Bootloader

Hey folks -

I'm a complete neophyte bhyve user so I'm pretty sure I'm doing a pile of things wrong. I'm looking for some pointers here. To start:

I have a FreeBSD 11.2 server (dual 8-core Xeon, all virtual functionality present) running and I'm trying to boot Cumulus' VX image under bhyve. As an aside: Cumulus takes Debian Linux, adds the drivers needed for networking merchant silicon, and produces an operating system for inexpensive white-box switches. They have a virtual image called VX that you can run on things like VBox, VMWare, KVM, et al.

I pulled their KVM qcow2 image and converted it to raw format using qemu-image, as is required. I've since edited the config file a few times trying to get this to work, but I can't seem to get the VM to proceed past the bootloader stage. When I connect to its console, all I see is:
Code:
OK

Here's what I have for the conf file so far:
Code:
loader="bhyveload"
cpu=1
memory=1024M
network0_type="virtio-net"
network0_switch="private"
disk0_type="ahci-hd"
disk0_name="agg.img"
uuid="581e7233-d933-11e8-b06d-6805ca3cd92b"
network0_mac="58:9c:fc:01:dd:28"
guest="linux"
loader="grub"
grub_run_partition="1"
grub_run_dir=/boot/grub
grub_run_file=grub.cfg

The "private" switch is in place:

Code:
# vm switch list
NAME     TYPE      IFACE       ADDRESS  PRIVATE  MTU  VLAN  PORTS
private  standard  vm-private  -        no       -    -     lagg1

I can boot the VX images on my VBox installation on my Mac laptop. So they do work. And there's no hint of EFI-anything anywhere, since the idea is to boot on a top-of-rack switch and do so quickly. With that, I don't think I need to muck about with EFI options, right?

Any ideas? Any suggestions as to where I might dig some more?

Thanks!

I'm an idiot.

Code:
cpu=1
memory=1024M
network0_type="virtio-net"
network0_switch="private"
disk0_type="ahci-hd"
disk0_name="agg.img"
uuid="581e7233-d933-11e8-b06d-6805ca3cd92b"
network0_mac="58:9c:fc:01:dd:28"
guest="linux"
loader="grub"
grub_run_partition="4"
grub_run_dir=/boot/grub
grub_run_file=grub.cfg

Wrong partition, and I had two "loader" lines in the original file. Which was confusing bhyve. Boots right up now, but I'm having some challenges with networking which I'll outline in a different post.

Back