BBCode port tag doesn't work in profile posts

In a regular post such as this, the BBCode tags function as expected:
Code:
I had to build [port]emulators/vice[/port] and decided to use [URL='https://man.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?poudriere']poo-doo-doo-ree[/URL].

Output:
I had to build emulators/vice and decided to use poo-doo-doo-ree.

However, in a profile post, the port tag is not parsed.
Code:
Output:
I had to build [port]emulators/vice[/port] and decided to use poo-doo-doo-ree.

P.S. The BBCode tags lb and rb would be a great addition as well. They are especially useful in a situation like this ^^^ where you intentionally do not want a tag to be parsed.

Pics or it didn't happen?

See attached screen shot. The url tag was correctly parsed and port was not. As such, I was not about to hit the post comment button and potentially cause erroneously formatted text to be displayed on someones profile.

Attachments

• forum_bug.jpg
    forum_bug.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 14
The [port]...[/port] bbcodes are processed after you press post. Maybe you're expecting they're automatically changed when you type the message?

I expected consistency across all tags when pressing 'Toggle BB Code' on and off.

Why would the url tag be parsed at that stage and not the port tag?

I expected consistency across all tags when pressing 'Toggle BB Code' on and off.
When using the "[ ]" button for "Toggle BB code" I see perfect consistancy between "normal" posts and text in a profile post. Only when pressing "Preview" I can see the formatted output; the "Preview" option is not available in profile posts.

Back