Solved BACULA - bacula9-server and client not compiling after move from openssl111 to openssl

Hello everyone,

Following the rename of security/openssl111 to security/openssl, I've rebuilt all of my packages depending on OpenSSL, but I got an error from sysutils/bacula9-client :
Code:
--- bacula-fd ---
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.9, needed by /usr/local/lib/libbaccfg.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.9, needed by /usr/local/lib/libbaccfg.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
--- bfdjson ---
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.9, needed by /usr/local/lib/libbaccfg.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.9, needed by /usr/local/lib/libbaccfg.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
--- bacula-fd ---
/usr/local/lib/libbac.so: undefined reference to `CRYPTO_set_locking_callback'
/usr/local/lib/libbac.so: undefined reference to `ERR_free_strings'

It seems, for some reason, that the linker was trying to use the old libcrypto.so.9 and libssl.so.9 from OpenSSL1.0.x.

To fix this, one needs to rebuild bacula9-client manually and install the new files :
Code:
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula9-client && \
make clean && \
make extract && \
make patch && \
cd work && \
cd bacula-9.4.3 && \
./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local --with-postgresql --prefix=/usr/local && \
make && \
make install

After this initial rebuild and install, subsequent builds via the ports system do not yield linker failures.

Leaving this here in case anyone else encounters the same problem.

If you believe I could have solved this differently or more efficiently, kindly comment below.

Back