[AwesomeWM] Screenshots

Because we would soon grow tired of this specific question:

"Wow!! Nice! What window manager is that?"

Saint0fCloud said:
Why isn't there one unified screenshot thread? Anyways I didn't find an AwesomeWM thread so dwm was the closest I could get :\

Mind giving up the part of your config that shows Updates in the top bar? I use awesome, that would be a pretty neat addition to my current setup :)

Also, how'd you get your bar transparent? That's pretty nifty :p

Heck while you're at it why don't you just paste your whole config, so I can stop editing this to ask more questions :p

DutchDaemon said:
Because we would soon grow tired of this specific question:

"Wow!! Nice! What window manager is that?"
I guess that makes sense in a way. Thank you for creating a new thread

CodeBlock said:
Mind giving up the part of your config that shows Updates in the top bar? I use awesome, that would be a pretty neat addition to my current setup :)
I'm not a programmer so I was just doing some basic testing. If you find a way to improve it please share :)

Also, how'd you get your bar transparent? That's pretty nifty :p
In your theme.lua, for your theme_bg.normal add 66 so it would be for example #ffffff66. Increase it or decrease it to change the transparency level accordingly with 00 being full transparency.

Heck while you're at it why don't you just paste your whole config, so I can stop editing this to ask more questions :p
http://pastebin.com/m7431abc7

vermaden said:
@Saint0fCloud

What script you use to show updates for FreeBSD?
(on top taskbar 'Updates: 6')

It's just pkg_version -I -l"<" | wc -l | awk '{print $1}' thrown into a wicked widget running in the background with a temporary file. Wicked has been deprecated though so use vicious or preferably bashets

Back