Other awesome wm & conky-awesome issue

All,

I am using awesome since ~ 6 months - excellent. However, trying to use conky-awesome gives me following errors: ..."no such configuration: 'alignment'..." is simply ignored. CPU usage for example is shown correctly, but in the main screen and not in the designed bottom panel on awesome. Any ideas???

Thanks for sharing your experiences and suggestions.

Michael

Can you share your conkyrc?
Hi @uzolt

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. Attached please find my .conkyrc but converted into txt to avoid non loading.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• conkyrc.txt
    973 bytes · Views: 426
Last edited by a moderator:
deinstalled conky-awesome and installed simple conky. However, this time nothing is displayed. Same conkyrc is working fine with Debian. Wondering why it's not working with FreeBSD. I will double check and test conkyrc and will let you know. Thanks again for your support.

Ah, it's simple. If you want to see conky's window you should use sysutils/conky. If you want use conky's output it's enough sysutils/conky-awesome.

More details: sysutils/conky-awesome doesn't use any xorg-specific things and (I think) doesn't display any window - so the alignment option is unneeded :)

Conky & awesome: how did you try integrate conky into awesome? I think you should use sysutils/conky.

Back