Solved AutoFS Error in Daily Security Email

I'm running 10.1-RELEASE-p9 and are receiving, on occasion, the following message in my Daily Security Emails:

Code:
vbsdweb170.crescentpilots.com kernel log messages:
+++ /tmp/security.9sBA5bjm      2015-04-05 03:01:07.000000000 -0500
+WARNING: autofs_trigger_one: request for /net/10.87.24.152/mnt/tank/ completed with error 5

This server is running several cronjob scripts that reach out to an nfs share on a different computer - (/net/10.87.24.152/mnt/tank/) and perform actions such as database backups, etc.

I've searched the mailing lists and forum threads with no success with respect to this warning message. I appreciate any insight as to what this warning means.

Regards,

Scott

Getopt,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what "error 5" indicates, but it could very well be the result of a timeout. I can't find any reference to the specific error codes and their meaning. In terms of the /net prefix, this is correct according to automaster(). The -host special maps queries nfs servers and are traditionally mounted on/net.

Regards,

Scott

This means that autofs was unable to handle request for the path given (/net/10.87.24.152/mnt/tank/). This usually means that rpcbind on the machine accessed (10.87.24.152) was temporarily unavailable for some reason (in other words, the situation at that time was so that showmount -e 10.87.24.152 would fail). My guess is some kind of network glitch.

Trasz,

Thanks for your insight into this issue. Also, thanks for all your hard work on getting autofs into FreeBSD! It is much appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

Back