Asterisk Port Install Failure

BSD-er

New Member


Messages: 8

Hi all,

I am currently trying to install asterisk18-1.8.2.2 on my FreeBSD 8.1 system through portmanager and keep getting the following error:

Code:
========================================================================
portmanager 0.4.1_9
FreeBSD FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Jul 19 02:55:53 UTC 2010
    [email]root@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu[/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
------------------------------------------------------------------------
autoConflicts              0  autoMoved                  0
backUp                     0  buildDependsAreLeaves      0
forced                     0  interactive                0
log                        1  pmMode                     1
pristine                   0  resume                     0
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mon Jan 24 13:04:35 2011
 freetds-0.64_6,1                    /databases/freetds            
    MISSING dependency of               asterisk18-1.8.2.2                  /net/asterisk

Mon Jan 24 13:05:26 2011
 freetds-0.64_6,1                    /databases/freetds            
    failed during make, adding to ignore.db

Mon Jan 24 13:05:32 2011
 iksemel-1.4_2                       /textproc/iksemel             
    MISSING dependency of               asterisk18-1.8.2.2                  /net/asterisk

Mon Jan 24 13:06:07 2011
 iksemel-1.4_2                       /textproc/iksemel             
    failed during make, adding to ignore.db

Mon Jan 24 13:06:13 2011
 portmanager                         0.4.1_9                       
    INFO: finished with some ports not updated  if --log was used see /var/log/portmanager.log

Mon Jan 24 13:06:13 2011
 end of log

Seems like the problem is somewhere in freetds-0.64_6,1 as it fails during make with the
following error:

Code:
/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/libtool --tag=CC --mode=link cc  -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing  -L/usr/local/lib -o libtds.la -rpath 
/usr/local/lib -version-info 5:0:0 -export-symbols-regex '^(tds_|tdsdump_|tds5_|tds7_).*'  libtds_objects.la ../replacements/libreplacements.la 
-L/usr/local/lib -lgnutls   -liconv -static-libgcc
grep: /usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.la: No such file or directory
sed: /usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.la' is not a valid libtool archive
gmake[4]: *** [libtds.la] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/freetds/work/freetds-0.64/src/tds'
gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/freetds/work/freetds-0.64/src/tds'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/freetds/work/freetds-0.64/src/tds'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/databases/freetds/work/freetds-0.64/src'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/freetds.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/freetds.
MGPMrUpdate 0.4.1_9 error: make returned an error, adding /databases/freetds to ignore.db

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
OP
B

BSD-er

New Member


Messages: 8

wblock said:
Have you read entry 20101208 in /usr/ports/UPDATING?

I just did try that. The only line that did anything was:

Code:
portmaster -o devel/libtool devel/libtool22

The others aren't installed.

I still get the same results after.
 

DutchDaemon

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Developer

Reaction score: 3,277
Messages: 11,452

Did you run [cmd=]make clean[/cmd] on the failing port(s) before trying again?
 
OP
B

BSD-er

New Member


Messages: 8

DutchDaemon said:
Did you run [cmd=]make clean[/cmd] on the failing port(s) before trying again?

I just did that in each of the failing ports. Same results :(
 

wblock@

Beastie Himself
Developer

Reaction score: 3,779
Messages: 13,851

Depending on how long it's been since you updated ports, and how strictly you've been following /usr/ports/UPDATING, the 20100727 entry on gcrypt might be involved.
 
OP
B

BSD-er

New Member


Messages: 8

wblock said:
Depending on how long it's been since you updated ports, and how strictly you've been following /usr/ports/UPDATING, the 20100727 entry on gcrypt might be involved.

I'm in the process of running that entry. Meanwhile, I am curious, as this is a new install (2 weeks old, ports updated daily), would I still need to run that entry or would it be null?
 

wblock@

Beastie Himself
Developer

Reaction score: 3,779
Messages: 13,851

BSD-er said:
I'm in the process of running that entry. Meanwhile, I am curious, as this is a new install (2 weeks old, ports updated daily), would I still need to run that entry or would it be null?

It would depend on what you installed. If you installed, say, 8.1-RELEASE, and installed the ports tree from that install CD, and installed ports from that... Then yes, you would, because the ports tree you installed was old, a snapshot at the time of the release.

Ideally, update your ports tree immediately after installing the OS and before installing any applications. Then you can follow UPDATING from that point.
 
OP
B

BSD-er

New Member


Messages: 8

wblock said:
It would depend on what you installed. If you installed, say, 8.1-RELEASE, and installed the ports tree from that install CD, and installed ports from that... Then yes, you would, because the ports tree you installed was old, a snapshot at the time of the release.

Ideally, update your ports tree immediately after installing the OS and before installing any applications. Then you can follow UPDATING from that point.

It's a small mix. Therefore I will have to. I'll let everyone know once it's done.
 
OP
B

BSD-er

New Member


Messages: 8

After 24 hours of re-compiling I have a working system and the Asterisk built perfectly! Thank you very much for all your help!
 
Top