bhyve Article about moving from Proxmox to FreeBSD

Hello everyone,
I wanted to share an article that I recently wrote about migrating from Proxmox to FreeBSD's bhyve hypervisor. The article covers the process of migrating virtual machines, storage, and networking from Proxmox to bhyve, and includes tips and tricks that I learned along the way.

I understand that many of you may already be familiar with this article, as it has been getting a lot of visits lately. However, I still wanted to share it here on the FreeBSD forum in case there are any users who have not yet come across it.

Here is the link to the article: https://it-notes.dragas.net/2023/03...-of-our-servers-from-linux-to-freebsd-part-3/

I hope that you find this article helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below the article or reach out to me directly.

Regarding the soft lockup: I've seen this on overprovisioned hosts when one group of VMs spiked and were too busy killing the other ones (HANA backup scheduled on several VMs at the same time). Other VMs didn't get a chance to run; default (10s?) watchdog timer got triggered.

Back