Are there content rules for Ports?

One of my software studios is considering doing some FreeBSD Ports of some of its more popular software and I was wondering whether or not there are content rules for new submissions. To be specific, these are adult titles, and though they are open source (BSD license), I don't see anything in the Porter's Handbook about any content rules, and considering there is deskutils/hot-babe, I can't really see any potential problems, but I just want to make sure before investing the time in figuring out all the Makefile fun.

UNIXgod said:
There is no censorship as far as I know. Not much into fetish myself but you can always see the graphics/gimp lang/hs-brainf_uck a irc/b_itchx
Neither have anything to do with "adult" material. The first is a graphics program similar to Photoshop, the second is a programming language and the third is an IRC client.

Just because something has a funny name doesn't mean its contents are "adult" material.

SirDice said:
Just because something has a funny name doesn't mean its contents are "adult" material.

@SirDice,

Hopefully we can assume that UNIXgod knows that gimp is not related to adult material and that he was just making fun ;)
Otherwise it would be in the 'adult' subcatagory.

adult/gimp

On the subject of Photoshop: I wish there was something in ports that was actually similar to Photoshop. I've always hated how gimp's interface is all broken up across multiple windows. :(

Anyway, I've decided to go through with the plan, something simple at first to get used to the ports system.

Eponasoft said:
Anyway, I've decided to go through with the plan
Well, keep us posted then.

And dare I inquire what kind of software we're looking at here? Desktop eye-candy? Text adventures? Strip poker? Arcade games a la Larry?

Fonz

Eponasoft said:
On the subject of Photoshop: I wish there was something in ports that was actually similar to Photoshop. I've always hated how gimp's interface is all broken up across multiple windows. :(

Anyway, I've decided to go through with the plan, something simple at first to get used to the ports system.

I remember someone had scripted gimps interface to have the 'feel' of photoshop. I think that was called gimpshop. Though I can't tell you if it fixes the multi-pane interface.

@SirDice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLMFzEiYww

Back