Other Are Compiz and Emerald usable in FreeBSD?

I have been trying to figure out how to turn on windows decorations in Compiz, since ccsm is no longer available as port, so, after installing Compiz and configuring Xorg successfully, I was presented a nasty surprise that I have no window buttons, and those are turned on in ccsm and the port has been deleted! Compiz-fusion also have been deleted. Any ideas?

I tried to get Compiz working on Fedora Linux about ten years ago... after hours of frustration I discovered that it had essentially been abandoned by the developers, all apart from one developer who’d been hired by Canonical. They were only interested in features that directly affected Ubuntu’s Unity, and everything else (wobbly windows, cuboid etc.) had essentially been left to bitrot.
You can get many Compiz-like features in KDE Plasma though, and that’s all well-maintained.

I tried to get Compiz working on Fedora Linux about ten years ago... after hours of frustration I discovered that it had essentially been abandoned by the developers, all apart from one developer who’d been hired by Canonical. They were only interested in features that directly affected Ubuntu’s Unity, and everything else (wobbly windows, cuboid etc.) had essentially been left to bitrot.
You can get many Compiz-like features in KDE Plasma though, and that’s all well-maintained.
I understand. I'm quite surprised since Compiz was actually working perfectly on Manjaro Linux when I was using it a few months ago. I wonder if there is any way to add more effects to KDE Plasma? The reason why I wanted to install Compiz was because of the "burning" windows animation.

Back