Arduino IDE package - Errors...

Hello.

Following https://wiki.freebsd.org/Arduino I installed the arduino package,
and add the user to the dialer group.

I get the following error when launching arduino:
Code:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path: [/usr/local/arduino/lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib] thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path: [/usr/local/arduino/lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib]
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2670)
    at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:830)
    at java.base/java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1873)
    at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:161)
    at processing.app.Editor.populateSerialMenu(Editor.java:964)
    at processing.app.Editor.buildToolsMenu(Editor.java:693)
    at processing.app.Editor.buildMenuBar(Editor.java:478)
    at processing.app.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:205)
    at processing.app.Base.handleOpen(Base.java:709)
    at processing.app.Base.handleOpen(Base.java:674)
    at processing.app.Base.handleNew(Base.java:570)
    at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:310)
    at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:199)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Error: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path: [/usr/local/arduino/lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib] thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path: [/usr/local/arduino/lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib]
settings files are not aligned correctly, there are conflicts with other libraries

no rxtxSerial
That's the class that needs to be found and manually added to Java Library Path. That class should be part of the Arduino package you installed. If not, then the Arduino package will need to be compiled, and you'll need a working Java installation to do that.

In the past, I tried to play with with some stuff that required Java, and yeah, that's the usual logic to follow when troubleshooting errors like what OP describes.

And how do I go about this?

Directions/Instructions appreciated. Thanks :)
Java's official documentation is a good start. No, it's not part of FreeBSD documentation, you'll have to connect some dots and adapt Linux-based instructions. I haven't messed with this in a LONG time, but this is where I'd start if I were to add a custom class to Java Classpath.

Java's official documentation is a good start. No, it's not part of FreeBSD documentation, you'll have to connect some dots and adapt Linux-based instructions. I haven't messed with this in a LONG time, but this is where I'd start if I were to add a custom class to Java Classpath.
A pkg delete arduino && pkg install arduino helped.
Even though, I have no clue why...

If you have both openjdk11 and openjdk8 installed at the same time this will happen.

Code:
pkg info | grep jdk
openjdk11-11.0.15+10.1         Java Development Kit 11
openjdk8-8.332.09.1_1          Java Development Kit 8

Back