Solved android apps for transfer files via scp

Hi there, until some time, I can connect to my box via an android app (AndFTP)
but now the app shows me this error:

Code:
Exhausted available authentication methods

I try it with another app (PowerFTP)

and the login is rejected , I try it diferent settings in the app but no one works

FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Don't know that app but can't you just use adb pull / push from your FreeBSD box?

I hear about that method, but I want to transfer files from my cell phone to my fbsd box and viceversa(via wifi)

I forget to post the /var/log/auth.log content

Code:
Jan  4 09:16:24 JsHome sshd[2351]: error: Received disconnect from 192.168.0.2 port 38602:3: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: reject HostKey: 192.168.0.5 [preauth]
Jan  4 09:16:24 JsHome sshd[2351]: Disconnected from 192.168.0.2 port 38602 [preauth]
Jan  4 09:16:26 JsHome sshd[2353]: error: Received disconnect from 192.168.0.2 port 38604:3: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail [preauth]

The error looks as if the client rejects the ssh server‘s public host.
Can you connect from another PC in order to see if that works? The server should be added to ~/.ssh/known_hosts, no idea how that’s done in your Android app though.

The error looks as if the client rejects the ssh server‘s public host.

Is that it? Or is the server rejecting the credentials offered by the client?

Can you connect from another PC in order to see if that works? The server should be added to ~/.ssh/known_hosts, no idea how that’s done in your Android app though.

AndFTP has a separate config for each server and protocol, and can use password or ssh keys:

If it worked before FreeBSD 14 and doesn't after, maybe the host ssh config has changed?

Screenshot_20240105-011138_AndFTP.jpg

I am not 100% sure, but the error said: "reject HostKey: 192.168.0.5 [preauth]". Only the SSH server has a HostKey that the client needs to trust. I do not know of any such requirements other way round.

My theory is that wolffnx tries to connect via IP but the SSH client is checking the host's name.
I'd try to connect via FQDN if possible.

Any chance this app (or the android version on that phone) defaults to deprecated ciphers that have been removed somewhere between OpenSSH 9.3 (default for 13.2-RELEASE) and OpenSSH 9.5 (14.0-RELEASE)?
RSA/SHA-1 has been removed from sshd somewhere around version 8.8 IIRC, so that shouldn't be of any issue here (and also is only an issue if connecting from a new client to a *very* old server)

Does the app write logs or at least give any meaningful errors? (yes, it's android, so I really have no high hopes - but one can still ask...)

I am not 100% sure, but the error said: "reject HostKey: 192.168.0.5 [preauth]". Only the SSH server has a HostKey that the client needs to trust. I do not know of any such requirements other way round.

My theory is that wolffnx tries to connect via IP but the SSH client is checking the host's name.
I'd try to connect via FQDN if possible.
you got right , I ll will ty it, thanks

I use Termux in my Android phone for long time. It's a regular Linux environment with its own package manager (like Debian's apt).
Two-way SSH perfectly works, I always use it to copy files.

I hear about that app, I use JuiceSSH , but only for remote work via ssh when I'am in the street , but is only one way..not acces to the phone..
I will try termux, thanks!!

AndFTP has a separate config for each server and protocol, and can use password or ssh keys:

If it worked before FreeBSD 14 and doesn't after, maybe the host ssh config has changed?

View attachment 17831

I ask the same , in a 13.1 box it works, but with 14.0-RELEASE dont, try total commander with the sftp plugin, it works

I use Termux in my Android phone for long time. It's a regular Linux environment with its own package manager (like Debian's apt).

I love the "pkg" to install pakages...htop for example

I agree, that is what I use as well. In fact you can also install freebsd in termux if you get bored.

Back