AMD 6800U Using the gnome desktop system to report "no sreens found" error

hello everyone,
I am a newcomer to FreeBsd and have some knowledge of Linux. Can you help me find out where the problem is.

Xorg -configure
Code:
(II) AMDGPU(0): [KMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices.Configuration failed.
/etc/rc.conf
Code:
kld_list="boot/modules/radeonkms"
kld_list="drm"
/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-radeon.conf
Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
    Drvier     "radeon"
Endsection
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
NGINX:
AMDGPU(0):[kMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
Fatal server error:
no screens found
I have found various methods on the forum, but none have been able to solve them, so I tried to ask questions and hope that everyone can give me some friendly suggestions.
Thank you.

Please do not post pictures. We have CODE tags (with []), put the content in there. Others may find your post by the content therein and also it saves A LOT of bandwidth.

You need to load amdgpu or radeonkms depending on your graphic card.

Don't do this:
Code:
kld_list="drm"
Because kld_list will be set to drm. It's just a variable, you erase the previous value boot/modules/radeonkms. You can use kld_list+= or separate modules with spaces inside the quotes. By the way drm is not a module.

The user must be in the video group.

See the FreeBSD Handbook on X11
Thank you,but I have already used the
Code:
 # pw groupmod video - m username
command, and I have also seen something like this in the/ect/group video: video: | *: 44: root, test.I was wondering if I didn't get it right elsewhere. Do I need to show you any other documents

You need to load amdgpu or radeonkms depending on your graphic card.

Don't do this:
Code:
kld_list="drm"
Because kld_list will be set to drm. It's just a variable, you erase the previous value boot/modules/radeonkms. You can use kld_list+= or separate modules with spaces inside the quotes. By the way drm is not a module.
Thank you, I did as you said.Now the/etc/rcconf file looks like the following:
Code:
kld_list="radeonkms"
But it still didn't succeed,still "No screens found"
Do I need to show you any other documents

Check for typos in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-radeon.conf.
Be sure there is no other .conf file in this dir.
Post the result of kldstat.

Check for typos in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-radeon.conf.
Be sure there is no other .conf file in this dir.
Post the result of kldstat.
Okay, I did what you said, and here are the results:
Code:
# ls -l /usr/local/et/X11/xorg.conf.d/

tota1 4
--rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 101 Apr 18 15:54 20-radeon.conf
Code:
#kldstat

Id Refs Address            Size   Name
1  90 0xffffffff80200000   1f3e20 kernel
2  1  0xffffffff824f8000   153c80 radeonkms.ko
3  2  0xffffffff8264c000   739e0  drm.ko
4  3  0xffffffff826c0000   5220   linuxkpi_gplv2.ko
5  4  0xffffffff826c6000   62d8   dmabuf.ko
6  1  0xffffffff826cd000   c768      ttm.ko
7  1  0xffffffff826da000   3378   acpi_wmi.ko
8  1  0xffffffff826de000   5ecc   ig4.ko
9  1  0xffffffff826e4000   3218   intpm.ko
10 1  0xffffffff826e8000   2180   smbus.ko
11 1  0xffffffff826eb000   3340   uhid.ko
12 1  0xffffffff826ef000   3380   usbhid.ko
13 6  0xffffffff826f3000   31f8   hidbus.ko
14 1  0xffffffff826f7000   3329   wmt.ko
15 1  0xffffffff826fb000   4da9   ng_ubt.ko
16 6  0xffffffff82700000   aac8   netgraph.ko
17 2  0xffffffff8270b000   a238   ng_hei.ko
18 4  0xffffffff82716000   25a8   ng_bluetooth.ko
19 1  0xffffffff82719000   3220   iichid.ko
20 1  0xffffffff8271d000   e250   ng_12cap.ko
21 1  0xffffffff8272c000   lbee8  ng_btsocket.ko
22 1  0xffffffff82748000   39c0   no_socket.ko
23 1  0xffffffff8274c000   21e8   hms.ko
24 1  0xffffffff8274f000   30a8   hidmap.ko
25 1  0xffffffff82753000   3328   hmt.ko
26 1  0xffffffff82757000   2260   hconf.ko
27 1  0xffffffff8275a000   2a98   mac_ntpd.ko

Being it is a AMD 6800U, try the amdgpu driver instead of the radeonkms.
The amdgpu is for their modern GPU's while the radeonkms driver is more for their legacy GPU's. I have a laptop with the AMD 2600U and I use the amdgpu kmod driver.

Being it is a AMD 6800U, try the amdgpu driver instead of the radeonkms.
The amdgpu is for their modern GPU's while the radeonkms driver is more for their legacy GPU's. I have a laptop with the AMD 2600U and I use the amdgpu kmod driver.
Okay, thank you ! I tried kldload amdgpu and added to the/etc/rcconf ,
Code:
kld_ List="amdgpu"
located in/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg. conf. d/xorg. conf
Code:
Section "Device"
           Identifier   "Card0"
           Driver        "amdgpu"
EndSection
Running startx is still a 'no screens found' error.

Also, the Xorg config file for the device is very rarely needed, Xorg usually manages to figure out the correct driver by itself. Nowadays , you only need a config file for your keyboard layout, like this (contents will be different for a different layout)
Code:
root@kg-core2:~ # more /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/keyboard-no.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "keyboard defaults"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "no"
EndSection
and the correct kld_list="..." line in your /etc/rc.conf file.

It looks like that your card is not unsupported by the current DRM version that you have installed.

You can check with dmesg | grep drm if there is any drm activity, if there is only "[drm] Initialized amdgpu ..." or something like that, then the driver only got loaded but no card attached.

Also, using an Xorg configuration with amdgpu as Driver specified, requires x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu to be installed. (which is not done automatically)

It looks like that your card is not unsupported by the current DRM version that you have installed.

You can check with dmesg | grep drm if there is any drm activity, if there is only "[drm] Initialized amdgpu ..." or something like that, then the driver only got loaded but no card attached.

Also, using an Xorg configuration with amdgpu as Driver specified, requires x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu to be installed. (which is not done automatically)
Thank you, when I use commands: dmesg | grep drm I can't see anything.These two x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu already installed.Perhaps my DRM version is incorrect, which is why I cannot see any information about DRM in DEMSG. Therefore, I would like to ask how to install the correct version of DRM.

Also, the Xorg config file for the device is very rarely needed, Xorg usually manages to figure out the correct driver by itself. Nowadays , you only need a config file for your keyboard layout, like this (contents will be different for a different layout)
Code:
root@kg-core2:~ # more /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/keyboard-no.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "keyboard defaults"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "no"
EndSection
and the correct kld_list="..." line in your /etc/rc.conf file.
Okay, thank you. I understand what you mean. I don't need any xorg. conf. It can automatically identify my device, so can I delete xorg. conf now and leave only the kld information in /etc/rcconf

You mustn't change the name of the driver. It's still radeon if I read correctly the handbook.
Thank you for your patient guidance, but I did as you said and still haven't solved this problem. Another expert said that my DRM version may not be correct, and I also feel that this is the key issue.I hope to find more solutions.

I checked with the command : pciconf -lv | grep -B3 dislplayI have discovered the following information
Code:
vendor = 'Advanced Micro Device,  Inc.  [AMD/ATI]'
Device = 'Rembrandt [Radeon 680M]'
class    =  display
and hope to provide some clues.

I opened /var/log/Xorg.1.log | more and found these two pieces of information
Code:
(II)AMDGPU(0) : [KMS] kernel modesetting enabled
(EE)AMDGPU(0): [drm]  Failed to open DRM device for pci : 0000: 03 : 00 : 0: no such file or diretcory
hope to provide some clues.

I opened /var/log/Xorg.1.log | more and found these two pieces of information
Code:
(II)AMDGPU(0) : [KMS] kernel modesetting enabled[DEL][/DEL]
(EE)AMDGPU(0): [drm] Failed to open DRM device for pci : 0000: 03 : 00 : 0: no such file or directory
hope to provide some clues.

I would love to know if things go well. I am interested in a BeeLink system that uses this chip. The graphics performance looks promising.

Back