Other Amazon EFS on FreeBSD

Hello,

I am running:
Code:
FreeBSD mysql 11.1-STABLE FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r325551: Thu Nov  9 16:34:30 UTC 2017     root@releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I mounted Amazon EFS and I keep getting these notices:

NFSv4 fileid > 32bits (136 occurrences)
NFSv4 fileid > 32bits (104 occurrences)
NFSv4 fileid > 32bits (98 occurrences)

I specifically upgraded FreeBSD from 11.0 to 11.1 because I read NFSv4 plus EFS was supported starting FreeBSD 11.1. Did I miss something?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I specifically upgraded FreeBSD from 11.0 to 11.1 because I read NFSv4 plus EFS was supported starting FreeBSD 11.1.
Where did you read this? The solution requires a change in the ABI which would not be allowed within the same major version. I'm guessing the change was done in -CURRENT, not -STABLE. Which means it won't be available until 12.0-RELEASE.

I was confused about CURRENT/STABLE/RELEASE and I thought STABLE means "stable", as in safe to use in production.
No, -STABLE refers to the API/ABI, not its fitness for production. In a sense -STABLE is actually a development version but more restricted compared to -CURRENT. On -CURRENT you're allowed to break everything, on -STABLE you can add, remove or modify features and options but you cannot break the ABI.

Back