All data of an EXT4 partition just vanishes in both Caja & Thunar ......As if the partition is completely empty [Video included]

I have two storage devices on my desktop. One SSD where FreeBSD is installed & a spinning HDD where I store my data. The partition on the spinning HDD is EXT4 coz I was using Linux before. Problem is when I open the EXT4 partition with Caja I cant view any contents of that partition as if the partition is completely empty. Thunar is behaving better in comparison but its not its not ideal either. Suppose I open that partition with Thunar, click on a folder & then press the back button or one level up button everything vanishes.

I have recorded the whole process so that there is no confusion. This is the link of the video

https://mega.nz/file/XmgS3IQS#GSWfZhC-WY-AaemlmsNW6_Z4GeS3voF7k66zx5QeKv8

How do you mount the partition? I use mount -t ext2fs and can see everything okay using Caja.

I remember some time ago, someone else reported having problems seeing ext4 partitions mounted with fusefs, but I don't have the link.

From man ext2fs
DESCRIPTION
The ext2fs driver will permit the FreeBSD kernel to access ext2 file sys-
tems and its derivatives. It currently implements most of the features
required by ext3 and ext4 file systems. Support for Extended Attributes
in ext4 is experimental. Journalling and encryption are currently not
supported.
ext2fs(5)

How do you mount the partition? I use mount -t ext2fs and can see everything okay using Caja.

I remember some time ago, someone else reported having problems seeing ext4 partitions mounted with fusefs, but I don't have the link.

From man ext2fs

ext2fs(5)
You are right. I was using fusefs which was causing this issue. I just used mount -t ext2fs and that problem is gone. Thanks.

Back