Acer Travelmate B113-E-2846 with Intel HD Graphics

Hey I have an Acer Travelmate B113-E-2846 with Celeron 1007U 64 bit architecture cpu and Intel HD Graphics Which is the correct Intel driver to install? Seems I have choices including libva-intel-driver-1.6.1 (VAAPI intel driver), xf86-video-intel-2.21.15_9, i think there's another just called intel-sis The handbook just says the name of the driver is 'intel' Yea right I know there's a driver for me amid all this confusion, which is it? thanks

It is the one just named intel. The port is x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel. I don't know what the VAAPI driver is for, but the intel-sis drivers are for the poorly-supported and fairly old Intel chips with built-in SIS video.

If you installed the Xorg metaport or package, the correct driver is already installed.

It is the one just named intel. The port is x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel. I don't know what the VAAPI driver is for, but the intel-sis drivers are for the poorly-supported and fairly old Intel chips with built-in SIS video.

If you installed the Xorg metaport or package, the correct driver is already installed.

It shows up in the output of pkg info but so do a few other video drivers
Code:
xf86-video-ati-7.5.0_3  X.Org ati display driver
xf86-video-intel-2.21.15_9  Driver for Intel integrated graphics chipsets
xf86-video-mach64-6.9.5  X.Org mach64 display driver
xf86-video-nv-2.1.20_7  X.Org nv display driver
xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.3_6  X.Org openChrome display driver
xf86-video-r128-6.10.0  X.Org r128 display driver
xf86-video-vesa-2.3.4  X.Org vesa display driver

What are you trying to do? The Xorg log you posted looks ok to me. Are you still having trouble with something?

Back