Account confirmation required: SMTP STARTTLS

Good day!

I change Email in account.
Email server send me The FreeBSD Forums - Account confirmation required
But message .. not received :(

My new Email address on my own mail server.
In the logs I see a connection attempt: connect from gy8x.x.rootbsd.net[162.217.113.110]

And the actual question is: why can't the forum mail server start a STARTTLS session?

The mail server accepts connections only via a secure communication channel.

A very strange mail server that can't start STARTTLS.
It's not the year 2000.
According to my long observations, these are robot servers sending spam or robot servers trying to pick up a password.

Use a VPN, some sites choose to block access from Russia.

Alternatively, install mail/postfix and then open the file /usr/local/share/doc/postfix/TLS_README with your favorite text viewer. Then find and scroll to the topic: Client TLS limitations.

oops .. link not work
works here...

as for the receiving side: enforcing TLS/STARTTLS sadly is still not feasible as there are still plenty of 'legitimate' mail servers out there that use broken and/and outdated SSL implementations (yes, most of them from microsoft...). For receiving mail you should always be generous in what you accept - when sending mail you can (and should) be more strict about what connections you allow.
TLS as a means of spam-filtering is useless as every tiny smtp-server implementation nowadays supports TLS. Use something like e.g. mail/spamd for greylisting and mail/rspamd for actual filtering.

I understand the problem.
I will return it as it was once before: may.
I use spam-filter anyway.

Back