Access to FreeBSD mirrors

My locale is Warsaw, Poland, Europe. Packages update used to connect to the closest pkg0.bme.freebsd.org [213.138.116.73] mirror. Now it seems pkg0.bme.freebsd.org has been taken out of service. Is it temporary issue?

Use pkg.freebsd.org. It's already automatically switched to a "local" mirror based on your GeoIP.

Code:
We use MaxMind GeoLite based geo-dns to choose a close mirror for you.

IMPORTANT: We do NOT guarantee uptime of any particular mirror. We provide SRV fallbacks for redundancy.

Use pkg.freebsd.org. It's already automatically switched to a "local" mirror based on your GeoIP.

I do. In the past pkg.freebsd.org was resolved to pkg0.bme.freebsd.org [213.138.116.73] (UK). Nowadays it's resolved to pkg0.nyi.freebsd.org [96.47.72.71] (New York). I have very restricted network rules and no access to the whole pool of internet addresses but to the specific point. The question was: is temporary issue or permanent that force my network staff to reconfigure rules.

Thanks for moving the thread to the proper place.

I have very restricted network rules and no access to the whole pool of internet addresses but to the specific point.
There aren't that many mirrors, not for the package repositories at least. We do have a lot of mirrors hosting the various installers and their images.

Code:
    pkg0.nyi.freebsd.org
    pkg0.bme.freebsd.org
    pkg0.isc.freebsd.org
    pkg0.kwc.freebsd.org
    pkg0.twn.freebsd.org

The question was: is temporary issue or permanent that force my network staff to reconfigure rules.
Probably temporary but note the message:
Code:
IMPORTANT: We do NOT guarantee uptime of any particular mirror.

Information was copied from: http://pkg0.nyi.freebsd.org/

Looks like pkg0.bme.freebsd.org is dead. I'm also curious what happened to pkg0.ydx.freebsd.org. Did it vanish without a trace? More to the point, I can't imagine Yandex being unhappy about traffic or having hardware issues.

Back