Ability to edit first post

I don't know but I'm trying to update my first post in this thread and I can't. Can you guys give us the power to edit our first post as well? Thank you.:e

Edit: Actually I can edit this post but I think you guys set it up so you can't edit your post after a certain time. Maybe?? Don't know.

Your second assumption is correct. It's mainly an anti-spam tactic.

Related: Is there a way for the original poster to change the title of a thread? Example: Say an issue was 'solved', and you want to mark it so.

not really. I would recommed you ask mods to edit title of your thread and mark it solved. I don't see an option to allow regular users to edit their own threads' titles :-(

danger@ said:
not really. I would recommed you ask mods to edit title of your thread and mark it solved. I don't see an option to allow regular users to edit their own threads' titles :-(

I noticed you can't edit any post after a couple of hours pass so it's not only your first post but any post. Could you guys please change that setting?

Unfortunately no.

This is to prevent the latest spamming techniques. If you need to perform some changes to your post after the allowed period of time, you better ask some mod to do so, or reply to your own post with the correct message...

This limitation should apply for accounts whose post count is very small (e.g less than 10 posts). Those have more than 10 post are likely genuine members and should be granted the permission to edit 1st post, after, say 2 days.

I see your point, however vBulletin does not support this natively (AFAIR) and I doubt there's someone who's going to hack it for us...

little update: seems like brd@ found a way how to solve this problem....

the new users will be in the group called ie. "New Users" and not directly "Registered Users" and they will be promoted to Registered after certain amount of messages. Registered users will granted with the permission to edit their posts.

the reason i said this was because of the text color i clicked on the red this underlined and all of a sudden it was a new window

It's now implemented, hope it works as expected. Let us know!

mart said:
Related: Is there a way for the original poster to change the title of a thread? Example: Say an issue was 'solved', and you want to mark it so.

Just a note to the admins, check out the "Thread Prefixes" in vB's ACP. It'll allow you to make a prefix, such as "Solved" that can be prepended to the thread title (selected with a dropdown menu). They can be set only for certain forums also.

Just a thought.

Nice tip, I have added the [Solved] prefix, Thanks!

Back