7.2-stable i386 patch level?

When using freebsd-update you mean? I think it's in /var/db/freebsd-update/tag as the 3rd or 4th field (between '|' delimiters).

uname -a or -r command gives information about patch level.
Code:
 uname -r
7.2-RELEASE-p1

p1 is patch level 1.

I don't think there is a patch level for -STABLE. It is a snapshot which is updated continuously. A -RELEASE, OTOH, has a patch level as bugs or security fixes are implemented from a standard starting point. That's just not the case for -STABLE.

DrJ said:
I don't think there is a patch level for -STABLE. It is a snapshot which is updated continuously. A -RELEASE, OTOH, has a patch level as bugs or security fixes are implemented from a standard starting point. That's just not the case for -STABLE.

thank you, thats what i was looking for. i rebuilt world and noticed that it was still #0, so i started searching around but i couldnt find anything.

Yep, that #0 in stable simply means: this is the first kernel built from the currently installed source. Build another kernel from the same source (and with the same ident), and it becomes #1. Upgrade your sources and build a kernel, and it will be #0 again.

Back