Solved portmaster -a and port flavours

Hello!
Today when I was updating my installed ports, I noticed the following from the /usr/ports/UPDATING file:
Code:
[...]make FLAVOR=py36 install[...]
I am running FreeBSD on my stationary PC and I do not see the need to use more advanced tools than ports-mgmt/portmaster for installing and upgrading ports, because Portmaster fits my needs perfectly. How can I add the FLAVOR=portname-FLAVOUR (e.g. FLAVOR=py36) variable to Portmaster or make Portmaster do that automatically?

Now, when I run portmaster -Dga (I use -g to create new packages and -a to update all outdated ports), the following message appears:
Code:
===>>> The accessibility/py3-atspi port moved to accessibility/py-atspi@py36
===>>> Reason: Moved to a flavored, generic, version

Thanks in advance. :)

See /usr/ports/UPDATING for this.
Looks like flavors was added to the python ports. Problems on my machine were solved by doing a make deinstall clean and a make FLAVOR=py27 reinstall clean. After that portupgrade/portmaster works fine.

See /usr/ports/UPDATING for this.
Looks like flavors was added to the python ports. Problems on my machine were solved by doing a make deinstall clean and a make FLAVOR=py27 reinstall clean. After that portupgrade/portmaster works fine.
I hope Portmaster gets fixed soon. :)
But in the meantime, I'll stick with make FLAVOR=py27 and make FLAVOR=py36 (both Python 2.7 and 3.6 are installed) as a "workaround" as indicated by /usr/ports/UPDATING
Thanks for your help, MarcoB. :)

Back