Solved Can anyone build graphics/graphviz?

I can build the port just fine on 11.1-RELEASE and stock kernel.

Without more information and error messages this is impossible to troubleshoot.

However, as a general advice, you should try to rebuild all dependencies and try again. In my experience, this is often the cause for failing builds.

I can build the port just fine on 11.1-RELEASE and stock kernel.

Without more information and error messages this is impossible to troubleshoot.

However, as a general advice, you should try to rebuild all dependencies and try again. In my experience, this is often the cause for failing builds.

Oh, sorry... It's not building in Poudriere, but it's building in my base system...

Attachments

• graphviz-2.40.1_2.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 344
You're using non-default options that are marked as broken. Looking at the log file, I'll bet if you disable the MING and/or PHP option(s), it will build.

You're using non-default options that are marked as broken. Looking at the log file, I'll bet if you disable the MING and/or PHP option(s), it will build.

Shoot, wrong log file...

Yeah, originally I wanted Ann edge bundling, mostly, I don't care much about Ming, Devil, or PHP, but even with default options, Graphviz doesn't build in Poudriere...

It does build on my base system, though...

Also sorry for the log file... It was already in my home folder, and I thought it showed the problem properly... I don't know why I copied it over... sry...

Attachments

• graphviz-2.40.1_2.txt
    1 MB · Views: 378
Bonjour poorandunlucky,
here it builds with default options using devel/poudriere and FreeBSD-11.1 with default settings beside changes as below.
Code:
OPTIONS_UNSET+=DOCS
OPTIONS_UNSET+=NLS
OPTIONS_UNSET+=EXAMPLES

Nope. cc still dumps a core due to a segfault while building the edgepaint component...

Even with all the options disabled, it won't build because a segmentation fault occurs in the base graphviz code...

The jail has FreeBSD 11.1p4, I have the same on my base system... but on my base system Graphviz builds fine...

Code:
root@M6500:/usr/local/poudriere/jails/pkg00/usr/bin # sha1 cc
SHA1 (cc) = d629acee149c6ada889fe6a3548811d4b3d8a793
root@M6500:/usr/local/poudriere/jails/pkg00/usr/bin # sha1 /usr/bin/cc
SHA1 (/usr/bin/cc) = d629acee149c6ada889fe6a3548811d4b3d8a793
root@M6500:/usr/local/poudriere/jails/pkg00/usr/bin #

It's the same clang40 on both...

This is upsetting...

OK... this is stupid...

if I use jexec to open a shell inside the running jail (that I started manually using poudriere jail -s), and go to the graphviz port and try to build it manually inside the jail, it builds just fine...

But if I run the command from outside the jail, cc segfaults.

OK... this is stupid...

if I use jexec to open a shell inside the running jail (that I started manually using poudriere jail -s), and go to the graphviz port and try to build it manually inside the jail, it builds just fine...

But if I run the command from outside the jail, cc segfaults.

I think it's the number of threads... I put the configuration to the defaults (I was having problems where I was running out of resources with some builds), and even though I built hundreds of ports with the other configuration, Graphviz probably needed more than one thread...

Either way, the default config worked... I just set the ZFS paths again, and gave it a hostname... Done.

Thanks to those who tried to help, though...

Is that a cat behind that tree? *runs*

Back