lightdm

Lightdm is in the ports tree. I installed it but I do not know how to make it work. Is there a way to make it work? I tried with the Archlinux wiki but there was no luck.

Thanks for everything.

Please, file a new PR via Bugzilla.
  • Provide useful information in your report.
  • Don't hesitate to add any output to identify the problem.
Well,I think lightdm is beyond hope. In logs I saw some dbus calls not available on FreeBSD at all (call timeouts ~25sec). Looks like it just contains too much linuxisms. I can dig it deeper if you wish, but probably slim is our number one choose.

woodsb02 will take a look at this issue as soon as possible. So you can make things much easier if provide more information.

Anyone get this working? I set ttys8 to lightm and it's just a black screen then the output is

Code:
Warning ** Failed to get list of logins seats: GBus.Error:org.freedeaktop.DBus.Error
ServiceUnkown: The name org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service file

On mobile so I apologize for formatting. I will post my lightdm.conf as soon as I can.

You're not supposed to start it that way.

Code:
# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf to enable the LightDM:
#
# lightdm_enable="YES"
#

As I wrote before, it has issues.
1. Unimplemented dbus calls is the cause of ~25 sec timeout for each on startup (until all calls timeout you get blackscreen)
2. env path lacks /sbin

So, when you get blackscreen, just make a cigarette break. It will load eventually.

Make sure startx works and loads X correctly before enabling a Login manager.

It's just to say that I successfully installed lightdm on two FreeBSD computers (one laptop and one VirtualBox VM). It works fine, the only problem I have is the language selector blank (no languages to choose). I have dbus(1) and hald(8) enabled in rc.conf.

Back